The Progressive Gaming Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Create your own free Forum
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:07 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

COD5 new info: UAV, airstrike...release the hounds???

+11
CoomDaddy
DevilDog
GooTz66
StainlesSteelRat
blockhead069
skinSKINNETH
Bigglesworth
wraith_calling
Antagonist
IchiTheKiller66
armand
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

COD5 new info: UAV, airstrike...release the hounds??? - Page 2 Empty Re: COD5 new info: UAV, airstrike...release the hounds???

Post by Antagonist Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:24 am

FYI, the demo now goes to level 24, and there are some hardcore gametypes (DM and S&D)

Also FY, devildog = total hater.
Antagonist
Antagonist

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

COD5 new info: UAV, airstrike...release the hounds??? - Page 2 Empty Re: COD5 new info: UAV, airstrike...release the hounds???

Post by blockhead069 Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:31 pm

well i gotten the beta and its something to get used to but hey im trying
blockhead069
blockhead069

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-07-01

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=blockhead0

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilDog Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Antagonist wrote:FYI, the demo now goes to level 24, and there are some hardcore gametypes (DM and S&D)

Also FY, devildog = total hater.

FYI Devildog= Not blind and realizes this is truly one of the worst games of all time. I will be playing GoW2 because even if that is the same as the first one it will be ten times better than the steaming pile of dung world at war.

please people open your eyes and look at the graphics I play in high def and omfg the game is brutal. Absolutely and I mean "ABSOLUTELY" zero gun dynamics in this game. This is a WWII game made exclusively for Halo Timmies and nothing more. I do however take back my comment about playing this on my Atari as this is a huge low blow to the entire Atari corporation.

I gave this demo a chance the other day playing with a few of you not mentioning any names, and after a few games they were even like holy shit this is a bad game. I know my powers of persuassion can reach through the headset and all but really I had nothing to do with it just play this game it truly speaks for itself.

P.S.
I will be posting even more hatred of this game in the future as it has now become comical to me that a company can actually try and put out a game this bad.
DevilDog
DevilDog
Admin

Number of posts : 599

Back to top Go down

Post by blockhead069 Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:50 pm

well im not into hatred and all i made a mistake of haveing the icons only and playing hardcore deathmatch with it, boy what a mistake the bad thing was i think i team killed about five people cuz there tag never showed up, but what i can say is one of the maps already has a glitch which really made me a little mad at it just b/c everyone is exploiting it, and its just not right.... i go thru a game not team killing and dominateing the other team and im the one kicked and the other team is glitching, they should kick the glitchers and not the people that fight fair.....

second i got the game b/c like cod4 i liked the campain mode to the game and seeing the trailers on the cod5 and how you can co-op the campain then im going to give it a try... but as what i can say its got two days to make it or trade it, i can relate to devildog and i more a less in the game plays and not game graphics, im more a old timer and ive been to walmart at the electronics dept. and just their looking at the kinds of TVs they have i can't tell the difference to the TV hipe but for me my 52 inch just suits my needs and i didn't even pay a penny for it....
i have one thing it would be nice to do like what we did with the cod4 have everyone or (12) players in one game and just play as a group it would be a better view on things cuz its just not right they have to put 24 level guys with 4 level guys who you think is going to win.... and when you can use bounceing bettys and not everyone can disarm it or spot it, they could have improved on like the level settings match levels with levels instead of just matching up the game

Last edited by blockhead069 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : type o)
blockhead069
blockhead069

Back to top Go down

Post by Antagonist Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:17 pm

All right, I'll give you that the demo isn't the greatest thing ever. But, even if it is CoD 4 with co-op campaign and new maps, that's fine for the off-year sequel. Who thought treyarch would do something else? If they changed too much, the game would suck. As far as I can tell, CoD4 occupied almost everyone in the clan for 6+ months (and got everyone together) before people started to drift to other stuff. That's a pretty good quality game.

If W@W is close to 4, it'll be worth $60. How many people buy madden every year or NCAA? At least 50% of the time, there are no measurable changes, but there's some value in playing football- even though the stadiums don't explode and the football mechanics are pretty much the same. Just think of "CoD whatever" as an arena shooter that's getting some polish, new game modes, and maps. Plus, it's still in beta.

Maybe I won't spend the time to prestige 5 or 6 times, but I can see playing through the game a couple times, and getting my online on for 20-40+ hours. What else is coming out this season? There aren't a ton of AAA FPS games, and GoW will be a fun shooter, but I want a game that plays in first person and moves faster. Maybe it's all twitchy timmy-friendly stuff, but that's what arena shooters are supposed to be about.

I'm not going to hate on it just because it's rehashing an old formula. If it sucks, that's too bad, but whatever. If you think this is the worst abomination of gaming ever, go rent kabuki warriors or fiddy's game. If IW does it again in 2009, then I'll be pissed. But for now, I'll reserve my judgment and wait for the final product with tepid anticipation.
Antagonist
Antagonist

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilDog Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:47 am

Oh I hear ya Ant I mainly upset that this game had so much going for it and they really did nothing with it. CoD4 was getting very old and starting to show its age as other games in the genre were coming out. CoD5 has nothing new except the co-op play with everything else being identical to part 4. This is just unacceptable considering how much shooters have changed in the past year.

It was a game that brought us all together and maybe that is why I was hoping and putting so much anticipation into part 5 and that is also why I am so upset and "Hate" on it. I hope that we as a clan can find a game that the masses play and if that game is CoD5 *cringes* so be it. I was so bored and tired of playing CoD4 and now with part 5 being an exact copy of it there is no way I can go back to that type of gaming. I just hope people look at other games as well and give them a chance, and no im not asking everyone to buy every game that is ridiculous there is enough of us to rate and review games that we think others may be interested in.

So in short everyone has there opinion and I most assuredly have mine and that has not changed nor will it. The game is beta but you can already see there is no changes whatsoever to a game that was already outdated in the marketplace. This game is old before it even comes out which is very sad.
DevilDog
DevilDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IchiTheKiller66 Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:23 am

I am sure there are other games that are coming out Jay that some of us will get besides World at WAR. Hopefully it is some of the same ones you have so we can get you away from PC gaming and back online w/ us.
IchiTheKiller66
IchiTheKiller66

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.myspace.com/roboneill

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitcat Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:55 am

I think he will probably play Gears of War! Wink
Kitcat
Kitcat

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-09-14

http://www.myspace.com/rnkerr

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilDog Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:23 pm

Yes PC gaming has stolen me for now well at least until Fallout 3 comes out in one week woohoo cant wait.
DevilDog
DevilDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lostst8ofmind Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:56 pm

Well basically the way COD4 was the game of the year this year there will be another that will get us all in the same game again and I hope it is soon.
Lostst8ofmind
Lostst8ofmind
Admin

Number of posts : 810
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by OwlsRevenge Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:46 pm

I was hoping some of you guys would want to play Left 4 Dead with the ole Owl?

Or endwar?
OwlsRevenge
OwlsRevenge
Celebrated News Team Alumni

Number of posts : 443

http://blueridgephotos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by armand Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:47 am

why don't u make a new thread, Owl, instead of trying to be a threadjacker? Smile

Jay, I didn't know where all this hatred for the game is coming from...until I saw your stats! What a Face
armand
armand

Number of posts : 677

Back to top Go down

Post by Antagonist Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:03 am

OwlsRevenge wrote:I was hoping some of you guys would want to play Left 4 Dead with the ole Owl?

Or endwar?
I'm looking forward to Left 4 dead. I think that should be a good time.
Antagonist
Antagonist

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilDog Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:24 pm

armand wrote:why don't u make a new thread, Owl, instead of trying to be a threadjacker? Smile

Jay, I didn't know where all this hatred for the game is coming from...until I saw your stats! What a Face

Ya I rocked it out let me tell ya. It took me awhile to figure out that I was getting killed from some guy under the ground on that one map which put me at a solid 0-20 start. I am stubborn and was trying to kill him over and over again thinking he was laying in the puddle but alas it was some kind of glich. I think we all know if I enjoyed the game my "stats" would be impressive as they always are in every shooter game I play.
DevilDog
DevilDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lostst8ofmind Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:37 pm

I think left 4 dead looks good, w/ valve at the helm it should be nice.
Lostst8ofmind
Lostst8ofmind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blockhead069 Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:54 pm

well today i was playing around in cod5 and to my amasement i set the setting for search on local and didn't have a problem with (1) the yelling little kids (2) the cheating glitchers, but i was playing the game type team deathmatch which would show the kill cam so i knew if the guy was under ground or not.... but i can say the shotgun is the coolest by far and deadly to a guy in core deathmatch, the tommy gun just couldn't get it unless you got the black dot for it then its the auto-aim that you got to know when it activates...... and lastly putting a baonet(knife) on your shotgun is wicked i ran up to someone and let him have it in his back it was comical.... and most the people i played with we kept voteing to skip the roadhouse so we didn't have to deal with the glitchers, but if i seen one doing it i gave a bad rep on it.... it defeats the purpose of the game
blockhead069
blockhead069

Back to top Go down

Post by Lostst8ofmind Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:56 am

I wanted to add this, I played the game last night for a little while and had a pretty good time on it. I just have a few issues but the main one that bothers me is that the game James bond: Quantum Solace is coming out and they are running it on the COD 4 engine (same as COD5) and they are going to implement the cover system into it. The biggest complaint that I had about COD 5 is that they didn't put it into the game. This one thing would have made me a happy camper and I could have looked past everything.
Lostst8ofmind
Lostst8ofmind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2