The Progressive Gaming Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Create your own free Forum
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:07 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Halo Wars Demo impressions

2 posters

Go down

Halo Wars Demo impressions Empty Halo Wars Demo impressions

Post by Bigglesworth Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Well I really liked the demo and am glad I pre-ordered the game. You have to go into the game not comparing it to a PC RTS as it is really different in my opinion.

Basically everything is dumbed down so to speak to make management of your forces easy and fluid. The left bumper selects all troops, and "a" button selects individual units.

once you have something selected you just click "x" to either go to your location or attack the target you are hovering over. clicking "y" attacks with the unit(s) alternate attack such as grenades or ramming.

the base building is very easy and everything is based on how many open spots you have in your population, how many supplies you have available and how many/level of your reactor.
just select the barracks for example and upgrade your units or build new ones. rinse repeat for each available building.

I have not tried/figured out how to group units together such as tanks, troops, etc. I have seen in the videos and such that you can do it but it may not be available in the demo.

The tutorials are very quick and get the job done and do not get to bogged down. Also the little bit I have seen of the story line seems interesting. I have not tried online play and am not even sure if it works in the demo. my only real complaint so far is that the movement seems a little too sensitive, but I'm guessing that can easily be fixed with in game adjustments.

Anyways I am not the best reviewer in the world so feel free to ask questions or add to my review Smile
Bigglesworth
Bigglesworth

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Halo Wars Demo impressions Empty Re: Halo Wars Demo impressions

Post by EEAGLE EYE07 Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:11 pm

How would you compare it to C&C 3 Tiberium Wars for Xbox 360 or other console strategy games?
EEAGLE EYE07
EEAGLE EYE07

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigglesworth Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:47 pm

it is very much more simplified. however it works very well for the console. if it was on a pc, I think people would feel they don't have enough control but on the console it makes gameplay very easy and fast paced.
Bigglesworth
Bigglesworth

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down