The Progressive Gaming Experience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Create your own free Forum
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:07 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Call of Duty World at War

+13
GooTz66
OwlsRevenge
blockhead069
CoomDaddy
Antagonist
IchiTheKiller66
armand
DevilDog
Bigglesworth
Lord Saint Jay
Lostst8ofmind
hgih420tm
StainlesSteelRat
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Call of Duty World at War Empty Call of Duty World at War

Post by StainlesSteelRat Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:15 pm

Just some info that was released a few days ago about the beta and how to get a token. As soon as i hear more I will try and post it asap.

09/04/08
Xbox 360™ and PC Multiplayer BETA’s announced!
Call of Duty World at War IntelIcon_WW
Boot camp will soon take on a new meaning, with multiplayer BETA’s coming in October for both the Xbox 360 and PC! These MP BETA’s will serve as an early chance for players to practice the tactics needed for survival in the intense chaos of Call of Duty: World at War.

Through the MP BETA players will experience the game’s new squad system, as well as fan favorite PERKS and kill streaks – all preparation for the full battle, which will commence on November 11, 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War is released to retailers nationwide.

The PC BETA will be available for download in October, but what about the Xbox 360 BETA tokens? Start by registering a user account here at CallOfDuty.com, or pre-order the game at any GameStop retail location or online in North America at: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71812.

Detailed information on precisely how the Xbox 360 tokens will be distributed, as well as information on getting the PC version of this multiplayer BETA will be available right here at the official CallOfDuty.com blog. Check back frequently for new info!

Registered members will be the first to hear about next steps, and the Xbox 360 BETA tokens are limited in supply, so register or pre-order today!
StainlesSteelRat
StainlesSteelRat

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty World at War Empty Re: Call of Duty World at War

Post by hgih420tm Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:46 pm

I am stoked for a new COD. I have been burnt out on COD4. It is still an awesome game but it recently has gone off my radar.

WHO IS EXCITED FOR THIS GAME????

I AM!!
hgih420tm
hgih420tm
Admin

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2008-03-05

http://myspace.com/tim_tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lostst8ofmind Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:57 pm

I already purchased it at gamestop, going to have to give them a call about my token for the beta. I am extremely excited about this one also.
Lostst8ofmind
Lostst8ofmind
Admin

Number of posts : 810
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Saint Jay Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:08 pm

I'm so excited about playing a new campaign that I just shat myself. I can't wait for it. *wipe*
Lord Saint Jay
Lord Saint Jay
Admin

Number of posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by hgih420tm Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:03 pm

Lostst8ofmind wrote:I already purchased it at gamestop, going to have to give them a call about my token for the beta. I am extremely excited about this one also.

you have to 'pre-purchase' it to get a beta token?
hgih420tm
hgih420tm
Admin

Number of posts : 453

http://myspace.com/tim_tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigglesworth Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:46 am

I can't wait. I am not to thrilled that it is back to WWII (I think it has been played out) but I love the CoD series so I will still get. Not sure if I will pre-order it but I might just for the guarenteed BETA token.
Bigglesworth
Bigglesworth

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilDog Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:35 pm

Ya cant wait for martydom and juggernaut woohoo...ugh, ya the game should be cool especially being set in the pacific theatre but I just dont have, ok I have no faith in Treyarch they have never made a quality game. The only good thing is that they are using IW engine so we all know the graphics will be exactly the same which is fine. I sure hope for some destructible buildings and stuff like that though.
DevilDog
DevilDog
Admin

Number of posts : 599

Back to top Go down

Post by armand Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:48 pm

There's co-op in the campaign!!! Who wants to play with me?????? no one? Sad
armand
armand

Number of posts : 677

Back to top Go down

Post by IchiTheKiller66 Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:58 pm

I already have mine so I cant wait for my token
IchiTheKiller66
IchiTheKiller66

Number of posts : 833

http://www.myspace.com/roboneill

Back to top Go down

Post by IchiTheKiller66 Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:36 pm

I am going to LOVE the Co-Op campaign mode

From the remains of Russia and the ruins of Berlin, to the beach and jungles of the deadly Pacific Theater, the volatile action takes on added depth as players employ new features that previously were only-available in multiplayer, including perks, rankings and online stats in up-to full four-player cooperative gameplay. New infantry and vehicle-based weapons, like the potent flamethrower, bring the battlefield ablaze.
Final Battles:

Call of Duty: World at War forces players to survive the final climactic days of a world at war to thwart the advance of Axis powers on multiple fronts from Europe to the Pacific – delivering the hallmark Call of Duty cinematic intensity on a worldwide scale. Play as a U.S. Marine or Russian conscript across a variety of European and Pacific infantry, vehicle and airborne missions. An all new depth of WWII-era combat variety, from the tactics and weapons to the unique and varying locations that traverse the ruins of Western Europe all the way to the harsh, wetlands of Imperial Japan, immerses gamers into an adrenaline-filled, epic struggle.
Co-Op Campaign Mode:

“No One Fights Alone” takes on new meaning as players can complete the entire single player campaign with up to four players online or two players via split-screen (both online and offline). Strategizing with others provides gameplay diversity, replayability and engagement. Complete unique co-op challenges to earn rewards and bragging rights. The title takes the perks, rankings and online stats that players love in multiplayer and builds them into the cooperative campaign as well, adding even more variety, replayability and continuous fun.
Addictive Multiplayer:

Call of Duty: World at War continues the addictive and leading class-based multiplayer action. The addition of vehicles to the highly-successful Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare multiplayer that already includes persistent experience, player rankings, upgradeable weapons, squad-based gameplay, map scripting, customizable classes and perks, brings a new dimension to Call of Duty online warfare.
Unprecedented WWII Cinematic Quality:

Utilizing the jaw-dropping and revolutionary Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare engine, Call of Duty: World at War delivers an unprecedented level of visual and cinematic effects to WWII. Highly-detailed character models, self-shadowing, environmental lighting and amazing special effects up the WWII authenticity to new heights. Depth of field, rim-lighting and texture-streaming technology bring the adrenaline-pumping combat to life. Physics-enabled battlefields and destructible cover immerse players into the harrowing and dynamic combat.

IchiTheKiller66
IchiTheKiller66

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigglesworth Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:57 pm

yea, co=op campaign will be the shit.
Bigglesworth
Bigglesworth

Number of posts : 390

Back to top Go down

Post by StainlesSteelRat Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:00 pm

Just a reminder you can register at callofduty.com if you don't want to pre-order.

Call of Duty: World at War completely changes the rules of engagement by redefining WWII gaming and thrusting players into the final tension-filled, unforgiving battles against a new ferocious enemy in the most dangerous and suspenseful action ever seen in WWII. Powered by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare technology, Call of Duty: World at War brings an uncensored edge to combat, as soldiers face the most harrowing and climatic European and Pacific battles in which an enemy, who knows no surrender and no retreat, will fight to the last breath, unleashing an arsenal of lethal surprising tactics.
Peril and danger lurk throughout the battlefield as players combat the unknown risk of the new chaos of battle.

Game stop pre-order bonus..
Reserve Call of Duty: World at War and receive DAY-ONE ACCESS to the in-game M1A1 Carbine Assault Rifle. Offer good while supplies last.
Online / In-Store Pickup Customers: Code and instructions to unlock the M1A1 Carbine Assault Rifle will be emailed to you. Please provide valid email address at time of purchase.
Store Customers: Code for the M1A1 Carbine Assault Rifle will provided at time of game pick-up.

Call of Duty World at War CODWW_bonusLG
StainlesSteelRat
StainlesSteelRat

Back to top Go down

Post by IchiTheKiller66 Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:06 am

I called game stop to find out about the Beta Token for anyone that has per ordered this. They had no clue on what I was talking about. Basically told me I was crazy
IchiTheKiller66
IchiTheKiller66

Back to top Go down

Post by Antagonist Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:51 am

IchiTheKiller66 wrote:I called game stop to find out about the Beta Token for anyone that has per ordered this. They had no clue on what I was talking about. Basically told me I was crazy
Yeah, from my understanding, there is no physical "token". You have to pre-order with a legit e-mail address, and they will use the pool of e-mail addresses to give out instructions on the beta. Also, I don't think the size of the beta v. the number of pre orders + CoD website registrations has been hashed out yet, so maybe everyone is in, maybe 50%, maybe 5%.
Antagonist
Antagonist

Number of posts : 576

Back to top Go down

Post by armand Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:33 am

when/if u get the code, email it to the rest of us...so we can have a Festivus! lol

4 player Co-op!??!?!?!?!!? I just got erection
armand
armand

Number of posts : 677

Back to top Go down

Post by IchiTheKiller66 Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:51 pm

Still waiting on the email w/ the beta token.Game stop still thinks I am crazy when I ask about it.We'll see what they have to say when I stop by the store on friday.
IchiTheKiller66
IchiTheKiller66

Back to top Go down

Post by IchiTheKiller66 Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:53 pm

IchiTheKiller66
IchiTheKiller66

Back to top Go down

Post by CoomDaddy Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:31 am

I was reading some forums on CallofDuty.com and several seem to think the beta token may come out as early as this Friday. That would be nice but I don't think I'll get to worked up about it. The way I read it, b/c I was signed up at CharlieOscarDelta.com and now I am registered at CallofDuty.com and transferred my info, I should be a lock to get a key.
CoomDaddy
CoomDaddy

Number of posts : 332

Back to top Go down

Post by StainlesSteelRat Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:48 pm

Here's the latest via Intel section at the COD website.
09/23/08
Beta FAQ

We know you have a ton of questions about the upcoming CoD: WW Beta, so we put together a quick FAQ on the Xbox 360 Beta. Stay tuned, we’re in the process of developing a much more in-depth FAQ on the PC and Xbox 360 Betas.
QUESTION: What is the CoD: WW Xbox 360 Beta?
ANSWER: Treyarch is recruiting dedicated Call of Duty fans of to help test Call of Duty: World at War’s performance from a gameplay and backend standpoint. Feedback and performance data from this Beta will be instrumental in ensuring CoD: WW’s success from Day One! This Beta will have a limited space so make sure you get your name in the hat to get a token!
QUESTION: Who gets to be in the CoD: WW Xbox 360 Beta?
ANSWER: For U.S. consumers, read on to find out more. For our international comrades, many more countries will have access to the Beta program, so stay tuned! People interested in joining the beta in the U.S. can join one of two ways:

1. Guarantee a spot by pre-ordering the game through GameStop or
  2. Getting first-crack at a token by heading to CallOfDuty.com and signing on as a new community member. Remember, space is limited so the earlier you register, the more likely you’ll get a token.

QUESTION: If I already have an account on Callofduty.com, should I create a new one?
ANSWER: No! See below for how the handout of tokens will work, but if you already have an account with us there is no need to sign up anywhere, you’re already in line!
QUESTION: How does token distribution work for members of CallofDuty.com?
ANSWER: To reward the most dedicated CoD fans, the order of distribution on CallofDuty.com is as follows:

1. Charlie Oscar Delta members who migrated their accounts over to CallOfDuty.com
  2. CallofDuty.com members
    (CallofDuty.com members will be prioritized by they date in which they joined CallofDuty.com. The longer they’ve been a member, the better chance they have of getting a Beta Token.)

QUESTION: How will we get the keys?
ANSWER: Beta keys will be emailed to the address you have associated with your membership on CallofDuty.com. We will be announcing the start of the Beta on CallofDuty.com as well as emailing everyone selected to participate.
QUESTION: When will the beta start and how long will it last?
ANSWER: The beta is tentatively slated for October and will conclude prior to the game’s November 11th launch. As soon as we approach the launch of the Beta, we will notify everyone who is eligible to participate.
QUESTION: Will I have the opportunity to provide feedback?
ANSWER: Absolutely. When the beta launches, we’ll provide information about how you can communicate back to Treyarch.
QUESTION: Will there be a PS3 beta? If not, why?
ANSWER: No, there won’t be a PS3 beta. The Xbox 360 and PC environments will provide the feedback that we need to make any back-end technical modifications to the co-op and multiplayer features, which means an optimized experience for everyone, independent of the console they own.
QUESTION: When will more information be released on the PC beta?
ANSWER: More information on the PC beta will be posted soon, please stay tuned. The PC beta is also planned for October.
StainlesSteelRat
StainlesSteelRat

Back to top Go down

Post by StainlesSteelRat Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:58 pm

Also, they are comming out with a Collectors edition.

General Call of Duty© (News)
Back to Intel Index

09/25/08
Call Of Duty: World At War Limited Collector's Edition!

Some of you may have already seen the CoD: WW Limited Collector's Edition, but here's the scoop for those that haven't!
LIMITED COLLECTOR'S EDITION
The Xbox 360 and PC Limited Collector's Editions include the following:
Day 1 Edge: Dominate your rivals online and rank up faster with your instantly available FG 42 Machine Gun. The FG 42 is a high-level (45+) machine gun which you can have from day-one. Saw through your opponents from 50 yards with this fast firing machine gun.
Double Experience: Take advantage of a week of double experience in multiplayer to accelerate your advancement. (Limited time offer. Exact date for week of double experience will be announced on CallOfDuty.com, register online to receive confirmation of date and time and other key information.)
Stainless Steel Canteen: Authentic 8-ounce brushed stainless steel Call of Duty branded canteen.
Metal Storage Tin: Featuring Call of Duty inspired artwork, this collectable metal storage tin provides enough space to store multiple games and their cases.

Call of Duty World at War CODWW_ART360

Call of Duty World at War CODWW_ARTG4W

• Call of Duty World at War Esrb_m
  • Call of Duty World at War Esrb_logo_privacy
StainlesSteelRat
StainlesSteelRat

Back to top Go down

Post by StainlesSteelRat Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:11 pm

Here's some more intel.
09/16/08
Developer Blog - There is NO Day 1 DLC

Hey everyone,
I’ve seen a lot of discussions on the web today and wanted to send out a quick note to help clear up some questions.
To begin, please note that Treyarch is putting every ounce of our effort into making the best game we have ever made with Call of Duty World at War, and we are putting absolutely all of the content we can onto the disc, while maintaining the highest quality possible. I can confirm there will not be any game DLC available on day 1, contrary to popular rumor.
We do of course intend to support the community with robust and high-quality DLC after release, which we will start working on as soon as we wrap up the game (and some of the guys take a hard-earned break!), and I am looking forward to giving you details on that as soon as I can.
Mentions about Day 1 content are actually a reference to what the marketing guys have been calling a "Day One Advantage" or a "Tactical Edge," a program we have going with Gamestop. Users who pre-order Call of Duty World at War with Gamestop, or who buy the collector's edition from them, will get immediate access to a high-level rifle (for pre-orders) or LMG (for collector's edition) that other players will have to unlock via ranking up in multiplayer.
These early unlocks will be in addition to some other very cool added content available in the collector's edition, and are our way of saying "thanks" to the fans who pre-order or buy the collector's edition. Hey, everybody wants something extra if they pre-order or spend more on a collector’s edition, right? That’s all we’re talking about here.
I'm sure you'll see more about this from Activision's marketing team in the coming weeks.
Any references to Day 1 DLC are simple misunderstandings and hopefully this sets the record straight =). There will be absolutely no in-game content or weapons that you have to buy separately in order to unlock, so let’s get that out of everybody’s head right now =P.
Regards,
-JD
Treyarch | Community Manager
StainlesSteelRat
StainlesSteelRat

Back to top Go down

Post by CoomDaddy Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:40 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and say that I think the dogs will get old and having to listen to a Jack Bauer sound-a-like the whole game will wear on nerves.
CoomDaddy
CoomDaddy

Number of posts : 332

Back to top Go down

Post by Antagonist Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:51 pm

Without yet watching the vids, I'm going to say a few words about the dogs in CoD4. They were stupid and lame. Anything similar in a game is cheap and dumb.

Ok. That's it. I'll watch the videos when this meeting is over.
Antagonist
Antagonist

Number of posts : 576

Back to top Go down

Post by blockhead069 Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:43 pm

well thats going to be something new bringing dogs in to a fight i wonder how many you can get, all i seen is a recon plane and artillery but what happens after that????
blockhead069
blockhead069

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-07-01

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=blockhead0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next