Netvibes 
Bloglines 

hey Coom

Go down

hey Coom

Post by armand on Sun May 24, 2009 4:05 pm

found this for you

"Hello,

We’ve been following-up on some reports of two major issues: loss of save game data (mission progressions, Death Cards), and the arbitrary loss / complete reset of Multiplayer rank.

Today we can confidently say we’ve identified the source of both problems, and will be addressing this in the next Title Update.

Loss of Singleplayer save game data:
The first bug, with SP save game data, has to do with playing Split-Screen or System Link Co-Op with a friend, and picking up Death Cards. This action has caused an unusual data corruption with the save game files on the Xbox 360 hard drive which may result in the loss of Singleplayer data. The Title Update we release will eliminate this entirely.

In the meantime, it is recommended that while playing Split-Screen or System Link Co-Op games, you do not pick up Death Cards.

Loss of Multiplayer stats / rank:
The second bug, which pertains to loss of MP rank, is a very rare occurrence of data corruption that happens during transit of the profile data – this is not caused by game code, and Treyarch is not intentionally resetting the rank of any players. For the next patch/title update, we have added defensive measures to the game code to protect against stats resetting if a player’s profile data is corrupted in transit/storage.

Unfortunately, we cannot restore any previously lost / corrupted stats or rank data. However, after the next Title Update, this should no longer be a concern.

We understand that these issues have caused real frustration for the players who have been affected, and are working hard to get the Title Update finished as soon as possible. I’ll be keeping you updated to other confirmed fixes as they make the cut (including those darn under map glitches!).

Speaking of which, please visit the following thread to learn more about the patching / Title Update process as it pertains to consoles:

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=88205

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Regards,
-JD & The Treyarch team"
armand

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: hey Coom

Post by CoomDaddy on Tue May 26, 2009 8:29 pm

Yeah, I read that the night it happened. That was from over a month ago and it still happened. I guess they are not too worried about it or it would have been fixed by now.

Everyone seems to think it was because I had a modded controller or something which I don't. It is just a random error and I was the lucky winner.

Thanks, Armand.

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wraith_calling on Wed May 27, 2009 1:28 am

We all know who uses modded controlers around here...
Somone's full auto G3? Actually several someone's LOL

"...You are a spot, a flaw, a blotch and a stain on the world you corrupt and I hate you and fear you and look for you everywhere with dread."
-Curse One: The Wraith -by C.Huntington
wraith_calling

Number of posts : 706
Registration date : 2008-03-06

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/wraith_calling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum